Coastal Dietetics is a privately owned dietetics business founded on the Sunshine Coast in 2016 by Kelly Hodges. Coastal Dietetics uses unbiased scientific evidence to support and back our recommendations. Because the science of nutrition is still relatively young, we keep an open mind when formulating a nutrition plan for our clients.
What does this mean for you? Better results with more energy, a healthier weight, fewer cravings, stable sugar levels, a decreased appetite, tastier food and better pathology results too.
Accredited Practicing Dietitian (APD), Nutritionist, Member of Dietitians Association of Australia (DAA)
Emma is a qualified Dietitian and Nutritionist having graduated from the University of the Sunshine Coast with a Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics. Emma understands the importance of providing personalised nutrition advice that is tailored to the individual and supports their goals. Emma provides a high standard of care and utilises an unbiased, holistic and evidenced-based approach.
Emma has a keen interest in the prevention and management of chronic diseases, with a particular interest in:
- Diabetes (Type 2, Pre-Diabetes and Gestational Diabetes)
- Weight Management and
- Mental Health
When collaborating with clients, Emma uses an approach that is client centred, realistic and practical to assist with achieving optimum health and wellbeing. She is highly motivated, caring and loves to help others succeed.
Book an appointment with Emma here.
At Coastal Dietetics, we firmly believe that food is the most powerful and safe form of medicine to regain health and wellbeing. We believe:
- Gut health is of paramount importance to overall health and well being
- The body functions and thrives with less sugar in the diet
- Fat is part of a healthy and well balanced diet and should not be avoided
- Consuming mostly a whole food based diet is necessary for optimal health
- Food intolerances lead to inflammation and ill health
- Diabetes can be better managed with a lower carbohydrate approach
Easily book an appointment online!