Coastal Dietetics is a privately owned dietetics business founded on the Sunshine Coast in 2016 by Kelly Hodges. Coastal Dietetics uses unbiased scientific evidence to support and back our recommendations. Because the science of nutrition is still relatively young, we keep an open mind when formulating a nutrition plan for our clients.
What does this mean for you? Better results with more energy, a healthier weight, fewer cravings, stable sugar levels, a decreased appetite, tastier food and better pathology results too.
MEET THE TEAM
Founder of Coastal Dietetics ©
Accredited Practicing Dietitian (APD), Nutritionist, Member of the Dietitians Association of Australia (DAA), Author, Group Exercise Leader, Founder of Coastal Dietetics
Kelly graduated from the University of the Sunshine Coast with a Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics. With over 4 years in private practice, Kelly has developed a growing interest in digestive disorders, endocrinology and weight management. In addition to this, she enjoys running her 8 Week Sugar Challenge to provide education and assistance to those consuming excess sugar in their day to day lives.
While Kelly see's a broad range of conditions, she is particularly interested in:
- Food Intolerances (e.g. Irritable Bowel Syndrome, unexplained flatulence, bloating, headaches or lack of energy), and
- Diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2)
Kelly also does a large amount of contract work with local and international businesses assisting them in providing best practice nutrition care for their employees and clients.
Kelly strongly believes in using unbiased scientific research to back all recommendations. She is a self-motivated, caring and friendly dietitian driven to improve the health of others.
Accredited Practicing Dietitian (APD), Nutritionist, Member of Dietitians Association of Australia (DAA), Personal Trainer
Tim graduated from the University of the Sunshine Coast with a Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics. Already a Personal Trainer and with a passion for helping others, Tim developed a fascination for nutrition after researching low carb and ketogenic diets. With this combined skill set, Tim is knowledgeable and passionate in helping others with sports nutrition, weight management, diabetes reversal and older adults nutrition.
While Tim sees a broad range of conditions, he is particularly interested in:
- Diabetes reversal (through nutrition)
- Sports nutrition (specialising in supporting resistance training)
- Sarcopenia (ageing related muscle decline)
Tim practices using a holistic client focused, practitioner guided counselling model that aims to assist clients to confidently navigate the nutrition world. Tim believes in improving people’s relationship with food to achieve long term success.
Tim uses an unbiased, evidence-based approach to nutrition. He is highly motivated, caring and loves to help others succeed.
At Coastal Dietetics, we firmly believe that food is the most powerful and safe form of medicine to regain health and wellbeing. We believe:
- Gut health is of paramount importance to overall health and well being.
- The body functions and thrives with less sugar in the diet.
- Fat is part of a healthy and well balanced diet and should not be avoided.
- Consuming a whole food based diet will cause no harm.
- Food intolerances lead to inflammation and ill health.
- Diabetics can better manage their sugar levels with a lower carbohydrate diet.
Easily book an appointment online!