Coastal Dietetics is proud to offer a unique, evidenced based, structured nutrition program that aims to prevent, halt the progression of or put your diabetes into remission!
The Coastal Dietetics Diabetes Reversal Program (DRP) is a 4 month program led by a specialist low carb dietitian. Over the course of the program, we teach you how to eat in a way that assists with controlling blood glucose levels and decreases your need for insulin.
What do you get?
- 4 sessions with a specialist low carb dietitian
- Access to dedicated Coastal Dietetics Facebook Diabetes Support Group
- Detailed Nutritional Assessment and Dietary Recommendations
- Detail emails with dietary recommendations and appropriate monitoring
- Tailored dietary counselling
- Opportunity to avoid, reduce or stop diabetic medications
- Opportunity to improve your HbA1C over the course of the treatment
- Reduced body weight, improved cholesterol and blood pressure
- Slowed or halted disease progression
- Long term follow up
What do I eat?
The 'diet' is designed by you by learning how your body responds to the food you eat. We identify your nutritional requirements, and assist you to achieve it. We appreciate the value of whole foods, and as such, assist you to incorporate more whole foods into your daily life. The 'diet' is high in healthy fats, reduced carbohydrates, lots of fibre and enough protein to keep you going.
Is this a fad?
Absolutely not! What we teach you through the next 4 months can be carried on for the rest of your life. There is no point in making changes if you are unable to sustain them, and therefore we ensure that all changes are suitable longer term.