IgG Food Intolerance Testing is scientifically validated and helps to identify which proteins of certain foods are causing an unwanted inflammatory response in the body.
What are the symptoms of food intolerances?
There are a variety of symptoms which may indicate food intolerances:
- Low energy levels
- Decreased concentration (e.g. 'brain fog')
- General feeling of unwell
- Weight control problems
- Nutritional malabsorption (e.g. deficiencies)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Irritable skin (e.g. itching)
As symptoms are not life threatening, individuals may live with these symptoms for several months or years before they are diagnosed.
What foods are tested for?
Coastal Dietetics tests for the IgG antibody reaction to 59 commonly eaten foods, as detailed below:
- Cereals (Corn, Durum Wheat, Gluten, Oats, Rice, Rye, Wheat)
- Nuts & Beans (Almond, Brazil Nut, Cashew, Cocoa Bean, Olive, Peanut, Legumes (Pea, Lentil, Haricot), Soya Bean, Walnut)
- Meats (Beef, Chicken, Pork, Lamb)
- Fish (Salmon, Trout, Tuna, Haddock, Cod, Plaice, Shellfish (Shrimp, Prawn, Mussel, Crab, Lobster))
- Vegetables (Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrot, Celery, Cucumber, Leek, Peppers (Red, Green, Yellow), Potato)
- Fruits (Apple, Blackcurrant, Grapefruit, Cantaloupe, Watermelon, Orange, Lemon, Strawberry, Tomato)
- Other (Egg, Cows Milk, Garlic, Ginger, Mushroom, Tea, Yeast)
Treating Food Intolerances
If you test positive for any of the food groups in the test, the simple act of reducing or eliminating the food from your diet for a certain period of time will provide enormous benefit. The amount of time the food is reduced/eliminated in the diet will depend on your regular intake of that specific food; your dietitian will advise of recommended time frames for your specific situation.
IgG Food Intolerance Results
You are able to receive your Food Intolerance results the following week. A 15 minute results consultation is included with the purchase of the Food Intolerance Test.
What are the costs involved?
IgG Food Intolerance Test: $290 (includes test + 15min results consultation)
It's easy to book your Food Intolerance Test with Coastal Dietetics ©. Just click the "Book Now" button to be taken to our booking page where you can make your booking online.